Monday, September 29, 2014

I cannot express how free I feel


How are you all doing!? I am happy to say that I am actually great! I am exhausted, but good! 

This week was harder than ever.  Sadly, we had less success than we had the weeks before (if you would call the weeks before success:))  But, we continue forward!  Not a single investigator let us into their house this week... So you can imagine that 10 hours of proselyting time basically always in the street.... that is a long time in the street this week.  I told my companion like five movies and she told me an entire series. (I learned that Mexican series are really really dramatic and quite entertaining he he he he)  We were getting pretty discouraged ... We talk to everyone except boys that look our age and are attractive ... I am afraid of them. I feel bad that they can`t listen to the good news I have.  I am working on getting over that fear.)   They have started figuring us out ... when they see us coming, they either walk faster, duck into another street, or stop doing whatever they were doing outside of their house and run inside. I did not know that a message about Jesus was that scary. I guess it is quite a bit of commitment. 

But I really cannot complain!  God has been so good!  There is a song that all of the missionaries listen to here that I always make fun of because the chorus is about 'wanting trials'  ... like "Give me mountains to climb because they will make me better than I was" ...  Let's be honest.  Mountains suck ... but they have given me time to decide who I want to be.  A lady in our ward who I love a lot said that sectors like these make missionaries either greater or worse.  So, I have a choice ... God is good! He has raised us higher, which I like because He is smart with what He does! 

So as for updates on people I don`t really have any. The thing that did happen this week was we went to the temple with A_ and J_! They are recent converts.  J_ got baptized a year ago, and A_ got baptized a little over 5 months ago.  He is so great!  A_ is the uncle ... he has this website of hundreds of names from his dad side. We took names to the temple and it was a really beautiful exspeirence. He even let us get baptized for his mom and grandmas. He is so great! I really love that guy!  He makes a great member and got excited to start gettting ready for when he can go to the other part of the temple.  J_ is the nephew.  He got baptized first in the family because he felt that it was true.  It was pretty cool.  He is pretty strong in the gospel even though he is only 14 and the rest of his family is very Catholic.  We had fun making fun of him and telling him that to get into the temple he had to smile (he almost NEVER smilies.)  It worked out GREAT when the temple worker asked to see his smile before he could enter.  Poor kid ... he got assigned to very happy missionaries;)  My companion is even more smiley than me! 

As for the greatness of God! I am soooooooooo happy!  I wish I could explain all that God has done for me this week!  This has been a little intense! I don`t even know where to start.  I had experiences every day this week that told me He is personally aware of me and how discouraging it is to not have anyone want to listen to us.

On Friday when I studied, I pulled out the patriarchal blessings of ancestors mom sent with me.  I read 5, and out of the 5, 4 of them have the EXACT SAME advice that my blessing has!!!  (Grandpa Webb, Uncle Vergil, Nora Welch, and Arza Hinckley) The advice was to be humble and prayerful.  Right together ... just like that!!  It was so cool!!!  So, I was freaking out a bit.  As I read their blessings, I just felt this overwhelming feeling of gratitude for the power of sealing families together.  I really feel like I know these people!  The veil really is thin and they really are important people!  I can`t help but think of the team of Gogo, Nora and Lauren.  I don`t know how you could possibly reject the gospel coming from those beautiful women!  I don`t think it is possible!  (Then again, we are pretty cute too, and people still say no ... hee hee hee hee ....  just kidding!) 

Sunday was the best. The week ended and we did not make our goal of getting into one house!  We were discouraged and frustrated and the other missionaries in our apartment had a golden family just fall into their laps.  I felt the jealous giant come out and I had a hard time even telling them I was happy for them because I knew I was not.  So, finally I followed my patriarchal blessing advice. I humbled myself and I got on my knees. IT WORKED!!!!!!!  Mom felt impressed to send me her talk of Easter again and it was definitely from God.  I felt his strengths replacing my pride and anger.  I wish I can explain how sweet it is to stop thinking of the reasons why I deserved the golden family and start enjoying the people I love and just be happy! 

Christ really frees us!  He does not want us to have to be tied up in thinking why we are better or worse; He does not want us to be caught up in an angry heart; He does not want us to be trapped in our own excuses that stop us from doing good; he does not want us to be tied in lies that may look true but really never were or will be; He does not want us to be stuck in doubts.  He wants to free us!  And He does! I really testify that Christ can overcome these terrible weaknesess that have been a part of us for way too long.  I love the scripture that says that we should lay aside our chain and run!  Running to him is the most freeing feeling I have ever felt!  It is real!  Mom wrote about the quote from Joseph Smith that he felt trapped in pen and paper.  Words are not enough to describe!  Christ frees us so we can love better, purer, and deeper!  I love loving!  Loving everyone!  It is real!  The joy he wants us to have comes from loving!  It looks like I am so trapped!  I walk around in circles all day and I cannot even go home and take a nap when I am tired, but I cannot express how free I feel! I feel more free than I ever have because I love deeper!  I hope stronger!  I believe with purer intentions, and I choose wiser!  All because Christ gives me his love, hope, faith, and wisdom!  I feel free! I asked God to take me to His Son as Taylor said, and it is working!  The Atonement can help us overcome even our weaknesses that are most ingrained in our personality! 

I love you all so much! I hope you have a great week! Use the Atonement! The scriptures really do mean ask and ye shall receive! They have piles and piles of beautiful attributes just waiting for us to ask with all energy of heart. (Moroni 7)

I love you all! And I plan to love you all more and more every day because God is good!  I love letting Him take over! 

Love 
Hermana Webb

Mision Chile Santiago Este
Cristobal Colon 6824
Las Condes
Santiago, Region Metropolitana
Chile
51

No comments:

Post a Comment