Tuesday, October 7, 2014

You cannot really taste how freaking delicious the cookie is unless you put in the other ingredients!!



How are you all!? I love you all so much! I have a tradition on Mondays that all of my comps and roommates are used to.  I print off my e-mails, I run up to my bed, and I sit on my bed, read, and cry like a child and then usually end on my knees totally overcome with how much I love my family and how happy I am that they love me back, ... and then I say to myself, "wow self, you are really, really, really corny! -  Heather would be so embarrassed " but, then when I think about Heather, I start thinking about all of you people again and ... I start crying... again.... I am a mess, but you all love me that way so there is not much to do. ;). I followed the tradition today.  I love reading your letters and knowing that God is protecting you just like He is protecting me!

I have good news! We got into like 4 houses of investigators this week!!!!  That is pretty good! I was pretty content! The new investigator this week is P_.  He is this 25 year old who is very sad. He lives with his family, and is studying to do something really smart, but the bummer part is his dad died about 3 months ago from cancer! I HATE CANCER! It really does hit everyone.  It does not matter if they are saints or devils, old, or young, or rich, or poor, famous or unknown.  He sounds like he was an amazing dad.  We had this amazing lesson about God`s plan for us. We talked about all of the joy that P_ had felt with his family and how this is something that was meant to be and eternal!  We talked about how God had planned that because He loves him!  The spirit was way strong and me and him cried a couple of times. Anyway, at the end of the lesson once again I was sure we had him!  So my comp invited him to read the Book of Mormon when I thought the spirit was really strong.  I guess not, because he totally told us no!  He did not want to commit to anything except to pray.... prayer is great and everything, and we can learn a lot but it is like the flour in a cookie.  You cannot really taste how freaking delicious the cookie is unless you put in the other ingredients.  We will see how it went ... maybe he was hungry enough that the prayer will taste good to him.  It is so hard to have the answers to so many of his questions and have him not take it!!!  That is one of the hardest parts of missionary work ... Watching people die of thirst but when I get to offer them the living waters through Jesus Christ ... they say things to me like 'ummmm no me nace' (ummm it just does not come (born) from me ... or that it isn't important to me)  How could you say something so dumb!? You are dying of thirst! Take the water! I think that is what the brethern wanted to say this last conference. They have tasted the water, and we can too! I loved that we don`t even have to just take their word for it that drinking from the living water is great. We can try it!  And it is true - it is great! 

We also taught another man named P_. He is a really nice man who always wants us to come over, but it is really hard for us to find a hermano at the same time that he can. But we finally found a day that he would be home and could find a member.  Sadly, the day we went something was wrong.  It seems like he was really stressed and he kind of took his frustration out on us.  The spirit during the lesson was more like the spirit of contention. But it was really sweet, because suddenly I felt the Spirit tell me a question to ask him.  He is always helping people and so I asked him WHY he did it. P_ was frustrated that God would give us agency (or the possiblity of failing,) and then give us rules that He expects us to keep.  So I asked him why he is always helping people.  And he told me that it made him feel good.  So I asked him if there was a time that he could have helped someone and he did not do it. I told him that that is what God wants us to free us from ... I told him about my experience with God and how I had asked for Him to help me give more because I was not a giver like I would have liked. And it was so cool because the spirit came back and we could explain that God wants to FREE us from selfishness.  It is not just that God is trying to find reasons not to save us.  We can`t love like He wants us to be able to love if we are trapped in selfishness, anger, or laziness.  I know I have already gotten on this soap box, but it is so freeing to put aside the chains that keep me from running to him!  And, I love testifying of it and promising a new view of everything to those who are learning about who the Savior really is!  Because even though we have to wait for the perfect bodies that he will give us through His perfect grace when we are resurrected, I don`t think we have to wait to start leaving the chains behind NOW!  I still stand by the fact that we can`t change and leave behind those chains without HIS help, but I believe with all of my heart that he plans to start changing us now!  He plans to start freeing us from the effects of a fallen world in the moment that our knees hit the ground!  It is a hard process and usually I make the same mistakes every week but like they said in conference, as I take the sacrament, and keep relying completely and wholly on HIS Grace, I really do start changing!  He is good!!!!!

The other fun news of this week is Y_ (the MA) came to church!  She came to the first session of Saturday Morning.  She loved it!  It was so cute because she was so nervous that she went to the barber before so she could look cute.  She really is so great!  She made a lot of friends, and she plans to come next week too so that is pretty fun! She has been a tender mercy of this sector. We found her contacting, so in the end it kind of works. 

Conference was AMAZING!! I love our prophet and apostles! They really are amazing people!  I also really liked seeing Aunt Holly and GREG!?  (A cousin.)  That was weird!  I did not know he was in the choir.  I just yelled it out ... hey Greg! in the middle of the conference when I recognized him.  That is fun.  Tell them all I love them and tell Aunt Holly that she looked hot!  During the first session, I just enjoyed the spirit of God telling me over and over again that those men and women really were called of God.  I love being part of His church!  I felt like people of Moses listening to Moses speak.  How cool is it that we can listen to a prophet who has authority from God!?

I love you all so much!  Thanks for everything!  You guys could not make me happier!  I know this is totally a sinner thing to do but I am reallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy excited to see all of you!  Six weeks to go!  I love you all and thanks for everything!  I testify that God really is good and He really does have plan to save us even when it looks impossible.  He knows how to save our hearts, and He does it exactly in the way that WE need it!  I love Him for it!  And I love all of you!  And, I am sorry Heather that I am so corny!!!  ... It just spills out of me - I don`t know how to stop it! 

Hermana Webb

Mision Chile Santiago Este
Cristobal Colon 6824
Las Condes
Santiago, Region Metropolitana
Chile
51

No comments:

Post a Comment