Saturday, October 18, 2014

Working my face off is the least I can do after all he has done for me!


Wow!  The weeks keep passing quickly.  Your letters made me so happy!!  I followed my same tradition in reading the letters and crying, but this time I was in a busy KFC!  I now understand why people think that Mormons are so weird.  I was reading the e-mails and could not stop crying/squealing/laughing!  Well, that's one reason people think I'M a weird Mormon, I guess!!  I can't help it.  I just love my family!

So this week was good. We are working hard like always and trying to press forward. The bummer part of this week was P_.  He dropped us.  That was a bummer!  We got to his house for his appointment and he had us talk to him outside instead of coming in which I knew was a bad sign.  Anyway, this time we came over with M_ the CR who is AWESOME! He is so great and bore a beatiful testimony.  Anyway, AGAIN the spirit was super strong! AGAIN I cried and he cried and AGAIN he put up his wall.  He kept telling us that he just did not think that religion was the answer to all of this problems.  I wanted to yell in his face ... I am not trying to just give you a religion!!! I am trying to give you the truth!  I am trying to help you understand and accept the healing power of the Atonement in your life so that you can feel the true hope of an atonement that really is infinite and really does reach to where you are!!!!! I am trying to help you make sacred covanants with God that can bind you to God and eventually bind you to your whole family and God! How do you not understand!!!??  But don`t worry, I did not. He told us that it is not what he was looking for and that he did not even want to try it because it just did not look appealing to him.  So we left, and I cried!  It is the same as last week!  

I wish I could explain the power of the Atonement!!  In a Steven Curtis Chapman song (1 Peter 1:10-12) ... it says that the angels (that have not lived yet) long to understand the story of grace!  Maybe they know what God looks like because they are still with Him and maybe they know a lot of things we don`t know but what they long to know, is the story of grace that we have come so familiar with.  Dad wrote me a little about this. Those little things that have built up to be a lot of big things, when we realize how fallen we really are and how sweet it is to be saved by his all-powerful hand! 

I thought about that same idea this week with Y_.  She is doing GREAT!  She came to church this week and I think she liked it!  This week we are going to tackle the Word of Wisdom... that is going to be fun!  But she is a sweetheart!  We really love her.  My companion prays all of the time and says that she is grateful for the existence of Y_.  And it is true she helps a lot!!  We talked about the Plan of Salvation this week.  She is great but it is really hard to talk because she talks A LOT but we were able to talk about how after this life we will still be with our famlies.  She has this joke with her husband who always says NO I signed up for only until death separates us.  But she has told her daughter to mix their ashes;) so they are together even after death.  She told us that she thinks there has to be something because we don`t finish our work here.  There is more to do.  I kept thinking about that.  I started thinking about Lauren and how NOT done I am at being her sister.  I am not saying I was a bad one, but I feel like I am a better one now.  I started thinking about how frustrating it is that I can`t love her better now.  I realized again, that I had fallen.  I realized again that I needed Him to lift me up.  I was not doing well.  I was really missing Lauren I wanted to send her an email that had lots of love and lots of !`s and I was bitter that I know that there is not e-mail that is powerful enough to get to the other side of the veil.  But, The atonment is.  Once again God taught me and helped me see the reality of my ETERNAL family!!!  I don`t have to start enjoying the power of His sealing power until I die! Just like I don`t have to wait to enjoy his perfecting, or enabling power until I die. ... Like mom said I can participate in His bread of life EVERY DAY!  I can`t hug Lauren, and I can`t send emails, but I can continue loving her more and more everyday, and I can continue learning more and more from and with her everyday!  What a blessing!  She said it right when she said that we don`t have to wait for our happily ever after.  I know that sounds weird but I feel her learning and progressing with us. It is a total bummer that I can`t hug her until her eye balls buldge, but I can participate in some of the promised blessing NOW! God is good! He will let us finish every job! and I am so grateful that being a sister, daughter and maybe mom and wife is not a finish-able job!!!  I am up for the task! 

The other fun house this week was A_ and his family.  A_ is adorable!! He is the CR who is staying with his sister and their family. He is so great! The family is three boys, the mom, the dad, and the brother of the mom.  So it is hard to get into the house because the mom has to be home. (mission rules.)  Anyway, the mom left and we had to leave running too. But we still had not eaten pizza with them. It was so cute the entire family ended up eating outside on the front pourch (which is extremely small) so they could be with us!  I love that family!  It is frustrating because the entire family is pretty interested except the mom.  She is REALLY catholic, so the dad just kind of follows her even though he does not really like it. But we will get them someday. They like it when we come over so that is a good sign. 

And last but not least, we have SOMEONE PROGRESSING!!!! Her name is A_.  She is really great!  She is VERY open to the world.  She is very politically correct ... which is why she started listening.  But she is praying and reading the Book of Mormon.  Now her mom is listening and we get along great with the whole family. This week we are going to make Guatemalan food (I am learning how to make Guatemalan food it is SOOOOOOO good!!!! I love my comp!!!!) So we are excited about them. They are just starting so there is not much I can say. 

Other than them we contact all day!!!  We have found some potentials that look like they could be pretty cool so we will see what happens.  Please keep praying for us.  We are going to need it!  We are working hard and I am learning how to endure to the end.  It is true that satan seems to attack even harder than he had before.  But God seems to be even more willing to help us understand.  I am learning so much about His goodness because I experience it everyday.  He is so good to us!  I love you all so much!  I wish I could express, but once again I am limited to only capital letters and exclamation points!!!!  I look up to everyone!  It is so good to be part of this family!  I feel like I fit and I LOVE it!  Thanks for everything!  Thanks for the letters, the prayers, and thanks for counting down the days with me!  I promise to work my face off!!!!  It is the least I can do after all He has done for me!  I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!

Hermana Webb

No comments:

Post a Comment