Tuesday, October 28, 2014

The story of His grace is learned by experience!



So this week was interesting... Tuesday my comp woke up with a migraine from satan.  She has had really bad migraines, before but this one was so bad that it got down to her sholder, and her upper arm.  We went to the doctor, and she winced with pain if the doctor only touched her!  So her gave her these super muscle relaxing pills that she has to take three times a day that KNOCK HER OUT!  She takes her second pill in the day during the day and then BARELY makes it to her bed because she is so tired.  So this week I have ... been in the house!!!!  AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH bad idea!  I don`t like being a missionary trapped in my own house.  She only has to be taking these pills for ten days so thankfully she is almost done.  We are on day 6 so just 4 to go!  It has been a great chance for satan to attack, but I have learned a lot too. It made me realize something though.  I don`t think I am as ready to go home as I thought!!!  I am sure I won`t ever be cooped up in my house at home but I like always doing something for God.  I like trying to concentrate on His power to heal and save us.  It is kind of wierd just being at home not doing anything.  That is why when I found out that the ____ family has officially left the church, it left me super pensive. I LOVE studying! It is so fun to learn about Christ`s life, I love reading the scriptures, and seeing how people were saved thanks to the Grace of our Savior.  But I know Him because of experiences.   If it were not that way we would not have even needed to come to this earth.  If the story of grace was something that we could learn in a classroom, or with disscussion, we would have never needed to come to earth, mess up and make it so God had to send his Beloved Son to be sacrificed for our sins.  I am so grateful for experience.  A lot of mornings when it is time to leave, and it is hot, cold, raining, or I am just tired, I would think how much I wish I could just stay home. ... But now I learned that that is where God teaches me. OUTSIDE! 

As for things that we were able to do: We usually left in the morning and in the night so it was not like we were inside the WHOLE day.  We had a great family night.  The lady who has the mom who is like Gogo (Carlie's maternal grandmother) had a FHE with us this week in the house of an AMAZING family.  We watched  "Because of Him" and talked about why Christ is our savior.  The daughter (L_) is going to be harder to crack than we thought.  She is adorable but is leaning toward being Buddhist now.  She says she stills believes that Joseph Smith was a prophet but also that Buda was a prophet ..... I don`t know how you can come to that conclusion.  I guess she has good experiences with the two.  But she is really sweet so we are going to keep working with her. And the family was GREAT!  I love them so much.  It is a newlywed couple in our ward that makes me think of Taylor and Heather. They have a little daughter and they helped us a lot with the FHE!

Then we also had an activity.  It was great!  We have a lot of people from different countries in my ward so each of them did something fun from their country.  The ward supported us a ton!  It was great!  They all came with their foods and they were all so sweet.  But the bummer was the activity started at 7 and at 8 there were almost 0 investigators.  We had invited the entire world and no one showed up!  I was totally bummed!  So I said a prayer.  I told God that we had worked hard, that we had faced so much opposition and the ward had been so good to support us ... I begged Him to help someone get there!  And they did!  Y_ called five mins after the meeting started and came with a car FULL!  She came with her husband!, (who completely ignored us before because he did not want to listen to us) her two kids, and primos of her kids.  God answered my prayer!  And, they loved it!  The husband listened intently to the messages, and talked to everyone in the ward afterward. Y_ could not come to church yesterday because she got sick from all that she had eaten the night before but it was totally worth it!!! 

Well family! I love you so much! I am really experiencing that broken heart as I come to the end of the finish line!  It feels SOOOO good to finish and to be able to see you all in a couple of weeks, but at the same time, I start to feel sick when I think about saying goodbye to some of these people! Loving hurts but it is worth it! 

I love you all so much! I hope you have a great week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment